Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Black & White Wednesday ~ Friendship


"If you need a friend,
I'm sailing right behind..."
Simon & Garfunkel


Navigating the waters of friendship
can, at times, be unsettling.
When those waters are troubled
and the ship is tipping,
rocking,
flooding
or sinking,
it's easy to give in to the dark voices of loneliness.
In moments like these,
I'm reminded how blessed I am
to have the daughter that I do.
Calm waters or rough,
seasons of plenty or seasons of want...
we'll always be able to turn around
and see the other sailing right behind.
I hope that eases her heart and mind
as much as it does mine.
Love you, girl.




My Memory Art
Please link up and share your
Black & White photos!
I'm joining Kathy for
and
Communal Global for


19 comments:

  1. Simon and Garfunkal were the best. Art never received the credit he deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that song. Love what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shimmers of light in the water... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. Very reassuring to know someone has your back. Simon & Garfunkel lyrics almost always strike a cord with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so true! Thank you for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already feel that way about my daughters, too. And my son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful little diamond crystals sparkling on the surface. Kind of reminds me of the adage that there is more to any situation that surface level sparkle. And friendship is much like that too. It goes much deeper...and isn't always sunshine and glitter. Thanks for sharing at Song-ography!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so touching and beautiful. - That song is my all time favorite song. I actually wore a hole in the record playing it so much when I was a teenager. - It is wonderful that you have such a great relationship with your daughter. - Your photo here today is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glittering of the water in your image:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photo! Also, thanks for hosting the link-up. I've never taken part in one before so was really happy to find such a lovely one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant photograph and the lyrics are perfect

    mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photo & perfect thoughts about moms and daughters being the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So true. The older I get I sense that friendship has just changed so much. I miss the days have having a best friend like when I was younger, but know that as my daughter grows, she becomes more that person for me as you stated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have two daughters and my goodness, what would I do without them?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photo, and most touching words. I am also blessed with one daughter and two daughter's in law!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful photo and beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete